Friday, June 29, 2007

curtain call

People have often said that Californians who survive in the East Coast were never true Californians to begin with. The truth is, I have never really felt 'true' anything for quite some time. I guess you can say I have never stayed in one place long enough to find out, which explains why I can so easily uproot myself and move on to yet another city and yet another life. This time though things have not been as simple. It is my last night in the city and I still find myself torn and, consequently, confused.

Some things to note about my last eventful day in le big apple:
Waiting amongst an apparently early-rising, relentless NYC crowd of people for Shakespeare in the Park tickets. My acting debut in the Public Theater's abridged performance of 365 Days/365 Plays. Dinner and gelato with the ladies. Romeo, and a whole lot of Juliet. Drinks and so longs at Evelyn Lounge.

I have always been adamantly against settling in LA. Whether or not that, by default, means I am meant for life on the East Coast remains undetermined but I most definitely am not ready to let go just yet.

So with that I say, À bientôt folks. I'll be back before you (and I) know it.

Comments:
you better or ELSE...
btw, thanks for leaving me broken hearted. you're such a heart breaker--such a tease. jk. you know i heart you. i'll miss you like crazy.
 
yo, it's wednesday. that means you're supposed to be over my place on the eastside on the eastcoast so we can dance tonite. boo!
 
you must keep it for yourself.. no one else can listen. bye
 
so i guess you can leave comments on this blog thing. your ass belongs here on the left side of the country. everything left is better. It's because I'm a lefty.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?