Thursday, May 03, 2007

sunrise número cinco

It's amazing the things I can convince myself to do or not do. Those little people on my shoulders are becoming increasingly persuasive.

Internal Barter #1
Voice A: I'm sleepy, but I should study.
Voice B: If I nap with my glasses on, I am sure to wake up shortly from the discomfort.
Result: A lengthy snooze and frames permanently askew.

Internal Barter #2
Voice A: I'm sleepy, but I should study.
Voice B: If I nap with all of the lights on, I am sure to wake up shortly from the glare.
Result: A lengthy snooze and an outstanding electricity bill.

Internal Barter #3
Voice A: I'm sleepy, but I should study.
Voice B: If I nap in an uncomfortable position without a blanket or pillow, I am sure to wake up shortly from the unpleasantness.
Result: A cold, painful, yet still lengthy snooze.

Any or all of the aforementioned arguments occur on a daily basis despite repeated accounts of the same end result. The sad reality is I hardly ever go to sleep on purpose.

----------

On a completely irrelevant though appropriately random note, I found one of the most ingenius modes of advertising and cheap entertainment today. Ketchup trivia. Imagine that! Clearly I was intrigued enough to stop for photos.


----------

Why the random post?

Because...
The best time to post a new entry is, without a doubt, the night before (er, I mean the morning of) a final exam =)

Comments:
lol. internal voices--can't live without them.
 
voice B always wins in my case. good luck with finals!
 
barter.. i love that word
 
internal barter = hilarious!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?