Tuesday, October 19, 2004

it's beginning to feel a lot like christmas!

yipee! all the rain has given me the illusion that it's the holidays and i should be curled up on my couch (if only i had a functional fireplace) with a book, a blanky, some hot cocoa, and the company of beautiful friends. i can't wait till all the decorations and lights start going up. i know ppl share the common complaint that christmas has been so commercialized and outdone, but i love the happy feeling i get as i drive around with some sinatra, bing crosby, and nat king cole albums on rotation as rain droplets splatter joyfully across my windshield. heck, i'll even throw on some boyz ii men, mariah, and josh groban to add to the mood and make traffic more bearable. hurray for the holidays. i can't wait!

i practically had to tear myself away from the warmth of my couch and fleece blanket to get my butt to class today. cold weather makes me happy. so happy that i made a trip to the market just for fun. i bought some soup, bananas, and a klondike bar. you see, ice cream in cold weather is my favorite. mmmm that creamy vanilla goodness coated with a chocolate shell in a handy little square shape you can hold in the palm of your hand.

perhaps this lightened mood will be of some assistance as i write and re-write my personal statement for those treacherous nursing apps.

"Teach us, Good Lord, to labor and to ask for no reward save that of knowing that we do Thy will." -St. Ignatius Loyola

Comments:
Liar.. I know that all you listen to now is AM 640!
 
so whats happening with your nursing apps? is everything going well with that?

dickee
 
hey! i'm at home. are you? email me! jasen.liu@gmail.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?