Wednesday, April 16, 2003

i wonder if anyone has had an encounter with the man who stands on the corner of telegraph and durant holding a newpaper and shouting obscene things. he has a long beard and resembles the many other telegraph natives who are still sporting the fashion of the 60's. today was my day because i got shouted at 3 times from that very man and in each different occasion i wondered if he remembered the one we had moments before.

encounter #1-- me turning the corner to walk up durant. the man shouts at the top of his lungs "HEY! AREN'T YOU FROM THE BRADY BUNCH?!?" me with a puzzled look and a response of "no, i don't think so, sorry"

encounter #2-- me walking past king pin donuts. the man shouting sarcastically yet still at the top of his lungs "OH DON'T YOU LOOK SO CUTE WITH YOUR CAL UMBRELLA!" me with a frightened stare and a simple "thank you!"

encounter #3-- walking past that man screaming "CAN YOU ALL BE QUIET! CAN'T YOU SEE SHE'S TRYING TO MAKE A PHONE CALL!"

i wonder what kind of stories that man has to tell. i wonder if he'd agree to sit and talk with me if i asked. i wonder if anyone would care to join me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?