Thursday, March 13, 2003

thank God for the gift of endurance cuz I HAVE SURVIVED! on a less brighter note typing in my name on google came up with 26,800 hits. i guess i'm not as unique as i'd like to be. amazingly enough hit #2 and #7 totally sum up my interests: karenleedanceinternational and karenleecooking. i'm speechless. all i need is a karenleeMD or karenleeNP to finish put the cherry right on top of my sundae of awe. which brings me to my next point... whilst cramming itty bitty pieces of knowledge into my brain i couldn't stop thinking about cooking. i was actually craving the moment where i could throw everything aside and run in slow-motion to my eagerly awaiting kitchen. it was drawing me in with an unexplainable force. part of me wants to believe it's my true calling to be a chef but lest i want to send my dad on a trip to the psychiatric ward, i shall believe otherwise. honestly though i still do love the idea of immersing myself in medicine. if you think about it, the two have a lot in common (cooking and med, i mean). both require the skillful hands and proper technique and a whole lot of get-yourself-messy-and-dive-in spirit. it's in my very nature. while normal little girls played with barbi? i was out digging for worms and operating on snails. while my sisters played tea party? i was out tending to my numerous cuts and wounds with an innate sense of medical ethnobotany. i was born for this.

the kitchen beckons me... and i'm off!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?