Tuesday, May 28, 2002

ok, so i'm updating now cuz roy told me too. hehe, him and his silly faces O_O there's just something about it that makes me know wut he's feeling when he uses it. haha. i knew it wasn't a good idea to start a blog in the first place, cuz then i'd be obligated to keep whoever reads this entertained. although, if you have nothing to do but read this.. then i highly suggest you get some help or at least start a new hobby. i think stamp-collecting beats this.

anyhow, it's been a mad crazy weekend... and now i'm up to my ears in furniture and boxes. lemme explain: first off my small group had a bible retreat this weekend where we pretty much locked ourselves up in my apt and read as much of the old testament as we could. it wasn't the most physically active thing, but it definitely makes the top ten on the most intellectually stimulating and CHALLENGING activities i've done this year. we battled fatigue and food coma and came out with blessings upon blessings. i just hope i stay motivated to finish. let's keep each other accountable! anyone wanna take on the challenge! you'd be amazed at how much more the bible makes sense when you read it without stopping. there's so much connection that would be undiscernable if read in the usual bits-and-pieces sort of way we usually do. i highly recommend it and if anyone wants to take on the challenge with me, give me a ring. so why the furniture? well there were 7 girls in my apt which amounts to a lot of baggage. plus hannah is in the process of moving in so her stuff is all over as well. between reading and sleeping and disassembling furniture and moving, i've had my hands pretty full this weekend. and once julie leaves in approximately 7 hours, i'll be all by my lonesome in the isolated piedmont palace. sigh. there's boxes and furniture in the living room and all up in my bedroom too... remember when we were kids and we would play "camping" where we piled all kinds of furniture on top of each other to make a sort of fort-like thing and we'd pretend there was quicksand and all that? (well at least i did)... anyhow, that's kinda how i feel now. i can climb and crawl and play... but then again i'm alone so woohoo i get to pretend all by myself. someone keep me company. i'll give you ice cream? =P

i got my travel books for europe and france.. and they're stinking monstrous! i dunno how i'll finish them. but then how nerdy am i to actually read it cover to cover. it even says most ppl don't read it thoroughly, but that just shows that i have no life especially if i'm excited to read them. still, there's so much to cover and i don't even know what i'm reading half the time. it's still unreal to me that i'm actually going. sometimes it hits me when i'm reading about what i should pack and what kind of clothes europeans where and i'm like "whoa, i actually have to know this." i just know i'm gonna do something clutzy and reveal my true freakishness to foreigners. but then again i guess i'm the foreigner huh.

by the way, i ran into a fire hydrant a few days ago and i have this giant bruise on my thigh. why do i keep running into things?? but at least i don't tear my clothing like powder roy does. ;P

moving is going to be a nightmare. i don't htink i have that much stuff, but you never know wut i've stashed away in this past year and a half. i keep buying things too. i'm just selfish. i want a laptop, but i'm thinking i should save the money to spend in europe.. but my computer is nothing but a thorn in my side. i just bought one of those leather chairs too. (thanks don!) and i'm going to sf tomorrow to return something, but i just know i'm gonna come by with 5 times more stuff than i leave here with. girls and their affinity to purchase. i am the ideal consumer lemme tell ya. you can get to by anything! even those stupid chopper things on tv... which is the ultimate sign of laziness, btw.

surprisingly enough i'm not that bummed that summer school is starting. i just don't feel like i'll have the motivation to study, but at least it gives me something to do for two and a half hours out of the day. gosh.. you know even as i am writing this i realize just how boring it is and i think i've probably lost most of you by now. boohoo for me. but you were forewarned at how uneventful my blogs would me, so no blaming. i think i'll just stop now. i promised margaret i'd go jogging with her in the morning so i guess i should get some sleep. morning jogs are painful... i huff and puff but don't really get anywhere. pick me up off the curb if ya find me tomorrow. =/

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?